|Scientific affairs officer at the UN secretariat of the International Seabed Authority (ISA) in Kingston, Jamaica.
|Marine mammal scientist at the German Oceanographic Museum (DMM).
|Postdoctoral studies at the Marine Mammal Research Program of Texas A&M University in Galveston, Texas, USA.
|PhD at the University of Otago (Dept. of Marine Science) in Dunedin, New Zealand with a thesis on behavioural ecology and population dynamics of Hector’s dolphin Cephalorhynchus hectori.
|Studying biology at the University of Kiel, Germany including an MSc thesis on the association patterns and site fidelity of bottlenose dolphins Tursiops truncatus.
- Behavioural ecology and population dynamics of aquatic vertebrates
- Impact of movement behaviour and habitat choice on a species‘ reproductive fitness and population connectivity
- Protection of threatened species and efficiency of marine protected areas against anthropogenic impacts
Memberships in the following scientific societies:
- American Ornithological Society
- American Society of Mammalogists
- Association for Field Ornithology
- Ornithologische Arbeitsgemeinschaft Schleswig-Holstein
- Society for Marine Mammalogy
- Waterbird Society
Reviewer for the following scientific journals (in alphabetical order):
Ambio; Animal Behaviour; Aquatic Conservation: Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems; Aquatic Mammals; Ciencias Marinas; Corax; Endangered Species Research; Journal of Animal Ecology; Journal of Asia-Pacific Biodiversity; Journal of Mammalogy; Journal of the Marine Biological Association of the UK; Marine Mammal Science; Meer und Museum; NZ Department of Conservation Research Bulletin; NZ Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research; Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing; Vogelwelt